Health Promotion Policy Grants
Health Promotion Policy Grants (HPPG)
The AMA Alliance Health Promotion Policy Grants provide seed money to county and state Alliances so that they can implement programs or activities inspired by AMA Alliance health promotion policy. Currently there are a limited number of $100-$250 grants available. Projects should provide ongoing opportunities for promoting the AMA Alliance and build healthier communities.
HPPG Program Objectives
- Fund projects that increase AMA Alliance visibility in a positive and proactive way
- Fund projects that help put AMA Alliance policy into action by providing information or a service of value in your community
- Fund projects that will provide opportunities for ongoing involvement in a discussion of topics that are important to the family of medicine
- Include the spouses of resident physicians, medical students and medical society members in your project as sources of ideas and support for projects
Applications must be received at least two weeks before your event, apply early.
Grant funds cannot be used to issue prize money or gift cards.
Alliances are eligible for one HPPG award per calendar year.
HPPG funding is not guaranteed.
Applications received for events occurring within two weeks of or after the event will not be considered.
- Complete HPPG online grant application form, including how the program will promote AMA Alliance, state and county Alliance visibility, relevant AMA Alliance policy, and budget information.
- Alliance members will be notified of applications that are incomplete. All incomplete applications must be completed within two weeks of notification of missing information or they will not be considered.
How Projects are Evaluated
The AMA Alliance will evaluate projects based on the information provided in the application and how well the project meets the objectives of the HPPG program.
Note About Grant Awards
Although applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, it can still take several weeks for an application to be approved, a check processed, and mailed to the project coordinator. Please plan ahead when requesting program funding.
If you have any questions or are having difficulty with the online application, please contact the AMA Alliance at 800-549-4619 or email@example.com