Job Descriptions for P.I.T.F.N.
Job Descriptions for Physicians in Training Family Network
Oversees organization, committees, and members.
1. Presides at all meetings of the Resident Physician Spouse/Medical Student Spouse (RPS/MSS) and Executive Committee meetings.
2. Selects and appoints the officers (when not elected), the chairmen and members of all standing and special committees unless otherwise provided for in the bylaws.
3. Attends as an ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating or election committee.
4. Coordinates writing/preparing and distributing with respective committee chairs the following:
New Residents/fellows/ medical students welcome information
5. Building and maintaining relationship with the county, state and national Medical Alliance, as well as the Student Alliances in the county by:
Appointing a liaison and other members to attend the meetings
Inviting other Alliances members to attend RPS/MSS meetings
Responsible for RPS/MSS finances.
1. Opening bank accounts
2. Change of Signatures when officers that sign the checks change
3. Setting an yearly budget and maintain balanced budget
4. Reporting of finances at the meetings
5. Managing RPS/MSS checking account/s
6. Collecting membership dues and paying county, state and national dues
7. Paying for expenses along with reimbursing members for expenses
Responsible for maintaining and increasing RPS/MSS membership; and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Maintaining accurate list of all members and their contact information (current, new, non-renewing, potential, etc.)
2. Sending welcome greetings to new and potential members in working with the President
3. Coordinating and communicating with county, state, and national membership contacts
Responsible for promoting political and legislative awareness and action within RPS/MSS in a nonpartisan manner, and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Monitoring and informing political and legislative issues significant to the medical community on the local and national level to the members
2. Gathering information about upcoming elections, voter registration matters and disseminating to members
3. Coordinating and communicating with county, state, and national legislative contacts as necessary.
Responsible for promoting and coordinating regular RPS/MSS participation in philanthropic events, and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Coordinating, planning, and scheduling volunteer and charitable projects
2. Working with contacts at charitable organizations to schedule events for RPS participation
3. Monitoring on-going and special charitable events for member participation on an individual basis
4. Coordinating with county, state, and national charitable contacts as necessary
Health Promotion Chair
Responsible for promoting and coordinating regular Alliance participation in health promotion events,
and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Coordinating, planning, and scheduling activities/projects in the community that promote health and safety awareness
2. Implementing a Stop America’s Violence Everywhere (S.A.V.E.) or other health projects in connection with the AMA Alliance
3. Coordinating with county and state alliances to promote Alliance involvement in Health Promotion events.
Responsible for acting as a liaison between RPS and other county, state and national Alliances and Medical School/University
1. Attending and participating in monthly or as scheduled county, state and national Alliance and Medical School/University meetings
2. Communicating to county, state and national Alliance and Medical School/University with important information about RPS/MSS activities and members
3. Coordinating events for dual participation with county, state and national Alliance and Medical School/University
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating regular social activities, such as Girls or Boys’ Night Out and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Planning social events at least once a month for RPS/MSS members
2. Organizing logistics related to social event
3. Reporting by the 20th of each month, all information related to event, including location, directions, RSVP information, time/date, cost, whether food/drink needed, etc. to President for inclusion in monthlynewsletter
4. Preparing event reminder to send out or for President to send out to members of event details
Responsible for overseeing fundraising events and coordinating a team to raise funds for internal needs and various charitable causes, and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Coordinating, planning, and scheduling fundraising events in coordination with the President
2. Building teams to implement fundraising events/projects
3. Working with contacts at charitable organizations to determine which organization to donate and recommend to president and executive committee
4. Overseeing fundraising activities
Oh Baby! Chair
Responsible for scheduling and coordinating monthly coffee for RPS/MSS members and their babies.
1. Planning and scheduling monthly get-together for new and expecting members to meet with their babies for coffee
2. Reporting by the 20th of each month, all information related to event, including RSVP information, directions, times/dates, etc. to President for inclusion in monthly newsletter
3. Organize special e-mail list geared specifically to RPS members with babies and expecting moms to announce special events, tips and ideas related to parental needs, interesting events in the community of interest to new parents, etc.
Moms or Dads and Tots Chair
Responsible for scheduling and coordinating monthly and special events for Alliance members and their children, and overseeing committee of at least two members.
1. Planning and scheduling age-appropriate events for RPS/MSS moms or dads and kids on a monthly basis and occasional special events
2. Reporting by the 20th of each month, all information related to event, including RSVP information, directions, times/dates, equipment/food to bring, etc. to President for inclusion in monthly newsletter
3. Organize special e-mail list geared specifically to RPS/MSS members with children to announce special events, tips and ideas related to parental needs, interesting events in the community of interest to parents, etc.
Special Delivery Chair
Responsible for scheduling and coordinating Alliance members to deliver meals to new moms following birth of baby.
1. Monitoring upcoming members’ delivery dates; determining when new moms would like to begin receiving meals (dates)
2. Determining any special needs/dietary restrictions
3. Obtaining directions to new mom’s home
4. Reporting information to President for disbursement to members or report information to members directly.
Responsible for scheduling and coordinating monthly Bunco parties throughout the year.
1. Schedule locations for Bunco each month or as set (generally done at the first Bunco by circulating a signup list for the entire year)
2. Contact the Bunco hostess one month prior and set time/date, obtain directions to hostess’ home, determine any special needs
3. Reporting by the 20th of each month, all information to President for inclusion in monthly newsletter