AMA Alliance – A Network of Physician Families Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
Today, medical families are busy and concerned about their future. The AMA Alliance is helping-with tools, materials and programs that are easily accessible, addressing work/life balance and physician family wellness. In 2012, the AMA Alliance is offering personal development seminars, workshops and events, and an array of discount programs that will deliver savings not available elsewhere.
Your fellow members are one of the greatest benefits of your Alliance membership! Explore the different ways that this community can improve your life and your family’s lives.
• AMA Alliance members belong to a network of 18,000 physician families from more than 460 counties and 40 states throughout the nation, which provide the all-important grassroots strength of the Alliance.
• You have access to a wonderful nationwide network of people, resources and opportunity for physicians and their families.
• The AMA Alliance provides social networking opportunities through the Alliance President’s Blog, on Facebook and through our Physicians-in-Training blog.
The AMA Alliance is one of the strongest voices supporting physician families and the future of medicine in this country. The involvement of individual physicians and their spouses is vital to the success of our grassroots lobbying efforts. Better than any professional lobbyist in Washington, Alliance members can give federal legislators the most accurate picture of how the issues really affect the practice of medicine.
The Alliance provides the opportunities, resources, and training you need to succeed as a leader in your local alliance, in your profession, and in your personal life.
• Become an Alliance leader by serving on a variety of committees, subcommittees and task forces.
• Develop leadership skills and discover ways to support health advocacy initiatives, membership growth, health promotion, and fundraising for medicine’s future at the Leadership Development Conference.
• Access Leadership Development Conference Resources after the conference.
• Find high quality job seekers and medical jobs with the AMA Alliance Career Center.
• Learn in the comfort of your home or office through Alliance podcasts.
• Alliance in Motion (AIM), an Alliance publication that keeps you up-to-date on the latest news and information of importance to the family of medicine, is available as an exclusive benefit to Alliance members only. This is your source for the most current information on federal policy developments, Alliance events, community health initiatives, work/life balance, healthier lifestyles for medical families, and more. Currently published Fall and Spring.
• AMA Alliance LINK, an e-newsletter, published every 6 weeks, providing Alliance news and updates, information on legislative issues relating to the practice of medicine, information on healthy lifestyles and other news of value to medical families.
Healthy Lifestyles Resources
• Podcast on Prescription Drug Misuse discusses the medications frequently found in our homes and the dangers these prescription drugs may pose to experimental youth.
• Healthier Life Steps is a program aimed at developing a physician-patient alliance for a longer, healthier life. The Alliance is working with the AMA to make the program available to medical families.
Members enjoy a special discount on children’s activity books, cookbooks and various other materials for use in both your personal life and when teaching children to make healthy, positive choices.
Special Member Discounts
AMA Alliance members can save with our affinity partner discount programs too. See below:
• Hertz Automobile Rental: Enjoy low Web rates, special offers and AMA Alliance member discounts. Depending on where and when you travel, you can save as much as 25 percent.
For more information or to join the AMA Alliance contact us at email@example.com